We’ve reached out to TMHQ and here is what we have learned so far regarding the recent Tougher Mudder announcement.
- It is a timed start wave at a regular Tough Mudder using timing chips and/or bibs.
- It will cost $30 extra to register for one of these waves.
- It will take place prior to the first standard Tough Mudder start wave of the day. Closer to the event you’ve registered for, check your email and online for pre-event communications for details on the exact start time for each event.
- So far, Tougher Mudders will happen Saturday Morning ONLY at the following events:
- New Orleans March 18, 2017
- Los Angeles March 25, 2017
- Arizona April 8, 2017
- Kentucky June 3, 2017
- There MAY be more Tougher events added as the year goes on.
- You can purchase an add-on ticket for Tougher Mudder if you’ve already signed up for a regular Tough Mudder.
- There will NOT be day of, on-site sales for Tougher Mudder.
- Tougher Mudder will be part of the existing Tough Mudder course and obstacles, but will include an additional set of course challenges, specifically created for Tougher Mudder participants.
- There will be prizes of $500, $250, and $100 for the top male and female participants.
- There are currently NO team categories or prizes for Tougher Mudder.
- ALL participants will get Tougher Mudder t-shirt, Tough Mudder headband, and chance to win prize money or discounts to Toughest Mudder events
Comment below with your questions, and we will update this article when we have the answers.